Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Translation of Ideas

Dear Makers of Kid Things,

If you have the ability to make washable crayons, markers, and paints, why do you even bother to continue to make the non-washable kinds for kids to use?  I truly attempt to only buy the washable kind, but sometimes I accidentally buy the old school non-washable version.  For this, my couch/walls/etc are truly not grateful!

Please, for the love of adorable kids with hardwood, linoleum, and tile floors in their houses, please put those nice little sticky anti-slip-grip things on the bottoms of all socks!  Wearing socks in the house should not be an invitation to bruises and accidents.  

If you could go ahead and put elastic waistband belt-thingies in all pants, that would be great.  I will only buy pants with a contractible waistband for my girls with long legs and skinny waists, & they really just shouldn't be so hard to find.  I know I could just buy belts for my kids, but I really don't want to make getting the pants off for the potty any more difficult than it already is.  (Also, if you could get those in adult pants, I would greatly appreciate it because my waist-size seems to be very dependent on my hormones and varies more often than I can keep track of.  Perhaps then I won't need to have 3 different sizes available at all times.  Is this a problem for anyone else?)

Oh yes, and whoever thought that pajamas with the feet attached and jumpsuits were good for kids of potty-training age should be fired or at least banned from the kids' department until they actually have their own children.  I know I know that I'm an ueber-pragmatic sort of mom who completely ignores fashion most of the time, but the idea that I have to completely strip my kid who usually has to pee RIGHT NOW before I can put her on the potty to do her business really just sounds like an invitation for an accident. On a similar note, please stop making dry clean only clothes for kids.  Seriously, I don't get it!  I don't even buy dry clean only for myself if I can help it!

If you could find a way to translate these really great ideas across the industry, I'd really appreciate it.  I'll keep you posted when I think of more.  Thanks so much for your help.
Sincerely,
Mama Melch

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...