Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Mayzie's Haircut

23 months into the world, Mayzie went to get her first haircut.  I had to work, so Andy got to try his hand at haircut vocabulary in German again.  Yes I was a very trusting wife to send my husband out into the land where he barely speaks the language to get our 2nd born her first haircut <pats self on back>.  I'm not sure the results were great, but given the circumstances, it does look cute.

Here she is with the ever infamous stinky monkey! (He still has a cancerous lump in his butt from the hairdryer incident btw.)

This is how the haircut went down according to Andy: The lady put Mayzie in the chair and asked how he wanted it to be cut.  He put the side of his hand up to his chin and she lopped off the mullet-y back section of Mayzie's hair.  He then told the lady "hair always eyes" while pointing to her forehead, and she snipped some bangs in the front.  Hooray for brave Andy getting her mullet gone and for even remembering to get a small clipping of her hair for her non-existent baby book.  (P.S. I refuse to feel bad about the fact that she doesn't have a baby book.  I started one for Annika and got a little too distracted with my PhD to keep it up properly.  I hope they both understand someday.)


Let's be honest, for a moment, if this little piece of paper with her tiny hair clipping somehow doesn't get lost in the move back to the US and then to wherever we end up there, it will be a serious miracle.

The one thing funny thing we found out when we chopped her hair off: her hair isn't as straight as we thought it was.  She actually has a funny curl just behind one ear.  Who knew?  

6 comments:

  1. She's adorable and seemingly mullet free. I don't think she falls into the devil child category.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should see her when she needs a nap; your opinion might change. I do appreciate a mullet on a kid, saw one this morning actually, just not on MY kid. :-)

      Delete
  2. I think it looks really cute. It is hard to get a super great cut for little kids because their hair is so fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I'm also very style challenged, so this could be the in haircut for 2 year olds and I'd never know it. Are there trends for toddlers? Hmmmm...

      Delete
  3. Whew...I'm so glad I'm not the only one who couldn't keep up with the baby book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mommy guilt plus grad student guilt is KILLER sometimes, but I try to keep the 20 years perspective on this kind of thing. Honestly, I have too much going on to worry about it!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...