Sunday, December 9, 2012

Family Day Hike

December came but forgot to bring the cold temperatures with it.  Coat-less days call for crunching leaves and wood wandering in search of acorns, squirrels, and elves.  


The crisp air fills my lungs and it feels like fall is lingering long enough for me to get my feet back underneath me and my head more properly situated on my strong slouching shoulders.


The tangled upended roots of the tree make beautiful frames for far too fleeting moments together.

But the joy on their faces from such simple pleasures as being together, taking a walk, and holding hands down a path is the most hopeful and restorative thing in the universe to me.

I treasure our family days together! 

4 comments:

  1. I am convinced you have a secret Red Bull habit. Fun adventures with the family while working on your dissertation?? (I don't think I spelled that right, WHY isn't there spell check for blog comments??) You are amazing. I threw some Cheez-Its and playing cards at my kids today and told them to give me an hour.
    xoxo Bad Mommy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coffee, lots and lots of coffee...and the dissertation progress, well, let's not talk about that. Thanks though.

      Delete
  2. Those are good days. The ones when you realize the goodness while you are experiencing it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...