Monday, December 31, 2012

Time It Was, and What a Time It Was

A year to be remembered...

January came and we had no idea what we were in for...

February was relatively quiet, but we did take the girls to a movie.

In March we started really venturing out.  
Look how tiny they were.  

We went to a REAL football game too! 

 April was full of expectations.  

 Then it was May already!  
Annika turned 4 and we had visitors from the states.  
 We took a trip to Bremen to see friends. 
 Oh May was so great. 

We went to that super cool place with all the swimming.  
We had such a great time showing Andy's parents around too.  

Then came June.
 My Dad came to visit and I took him to Anna Blume for the best brunch in Berlin, among other adventures around the town and beyond. 

 We went on that hilariously awful trip to Luebeck. 

July was AMAZING as well.  

Mayzie turned 2

VENICE happened. 

I got a private tour of the Bundestag. 










Andy and I even hopped over to Prague for a weekend with just us 2.

 August came, and we went to Poland and made big decisions.  


 September arrived and so did Ruth.  
Andy flew home and Ruth kept me as sane as possible.  
She is an ANGEL! 

 She may have had a little bit of fun too. 

And Tali came too.  

 All of the sudden, it was October already and we were back in the USA.

 Then it was Movember. 

And December was over in a flash. 

And our girls are somehow already fitting into sizes 6 & 3 and tromping through the snow like we never left Cleveland.  

I am so amazingly thankful for 2012.  It could not have been any more exciting, and I owe so many people big thanks. 

Here is a short list of a few of the people who helped make this past year so great for us: 
Kim & Fred
Debbie & Alice
Dad & Val
Becky & James
Maggie & Jim
Emily & Brooke
Joel & Chris(t)
Mike & Djamila
Christian & Ivonne
Rachel
Molly
Lars
Christine & Jake
Jenny
Ruth & Tali
Nicole & Nicolas
Herbert & Saba & Juergen & Yonca and soo many others at my research site
Beate & Inken & Gabi & the whole team at Annika's Kita

I am sure I've forgotten someone and I'm very sorry if I have.  

In the beautifully simple phrase of Simon and Garfunkel: 
Time it was, and what a time it was, it was
A time of innocence, a time of confidences
Long ago, it must be, I have a photograph
Preserve your memories, they're all that's left you



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...