Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Locks of Love CHOP!

I arrived for my appointment and was SOOO excited! 

I consulted with Ms. Brandi and showed her all the haircuts I'd been considering.

She bound up my hair in sections.

She measured them all to make sure they were long enough.

Snippetty Snip

Here's the donation!

Chop chop chop...

Fixing me up...

Here I am modeling the final product with my amazing stylist!

Thank you so much to Brandi for making me look fabulous and for making me laugh through the whole process.  I think I freaked her out because of how calm I was the whole time, but I was just so excited to not have to deal with all that hair anymore.  Also, someone will get part of a lovely wig made out of my hair.   It feels amazing to chop your hair because as Coco Chanel once said, "a woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life."  Brandi's life is also about to change; she'll be welcoming her 3rd baby in October!  Special thanks also to my friend Jenny who came along and took all of these pictures.  She was so nice to take time out of her day to be there with me, and got to run into her old boss who was in the chair next to mine at the salon.  

I know there are plenty of women who are very attached to their hair.  I have friends who cry when they cut any amount of hair off.  Rastafarians don't cut their hair and dread it up to remind them of where they've been.  Women in several religions don't cut their hair because they believe it to be the source of their beauty. Women in multiple religions cover up their hair because of the same belief.  I am not one of those women.  

I love to switch it up.  Going from long to short and back again is part of a cycle with me, and many of my adult life events can be dated based on my hairstyle in the pictures.  I like to think that chopping my hair off is akin to letting go and moving forward.  That's where I'm going now, forward.  


GFunkified

20 comments:

  1. Wow! Great new haircut.
    I've done the same thing before - it felt so liberating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it so much fun? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I Love the look! and I love that you're reading a book! and I LOVE Locks for Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet. I'm definitely holding the envelope for my hair though...not reading a book.

      Delete
  3. You rock!! Congratulations! Way to go! :) Your new hair looks FABULOUS! My daughter did this in November, and it was so exciting.-Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys. Now if I could just get Mayzie to stop telling me to fix my hair.

      Delete
  4. Wow! It looks so fabulous! And I love the Locks of Love concept. So wonderful of you to do that. :) Visiting from #iPPP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I can't wait till my sister's wedding is over so I can do this (again), too! Short hair rules!

    Funny story: When I got a buzz cut my senior year of college, Andrew asked me sarcastically if it made me feel like a new woman. It was the first thing he'd said to me in like a year and he was being a real jerk. It actually did make me feel like a new woman, and it was great. Then a couple of months later I gave myself the world's tiniest and silliest mohawk and he kissed me that night. So I think he secretly agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks awesome! And you know, I always let my hair grow out for a while and then get sick of it and cut it. Maybe I should go for Locks of Love too - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks adorable! I love that you did this, and I'm the same way. My hair is the longest it's been since I was, like, seven, and I always switched it up with it started to grow up. (Also, I didn't expect you to be so tall!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooo beautiful! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! If only my hair would stop falling out, perhaps I could grow it long again.

    Seriously, I must lose hair for longer than any postpartum momma I know. :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great haircut! And I love that you donated it! I wish I could do that

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute!! What does Annika think about having another lady with short hair in the family?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've got to feel like your head is light enough to float away, right? LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! And good karma to boot. Quick...buy a Lotto ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yeah! good for you! you did such a good thing. And I just love your smile afterwards :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks adorable! Fantastic cut, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks beautiful!, and what a great cause! The good feeling far outweighs the terror of cutting it off. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it- short and sassy for summer, and passing on the love - it doesn't get any better than than!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...