9 years have passed. 9 years and I'm still so in love with him.
We still slow dance, just mostly in the kitchen now.
We were so young and excited and clueless.
Here are 9 things we've learned in these last 9 brilliant years together.
1. Things don't always go as planned, and that can be a good thing. (Example: surprise pregnancy)
2. Being supportive through graduate school is not easy, and chasing dreams takes serious patience with each other.
3. Keep talking. Never stop talking. We can't read each others minds yet, and staying on the same page is essential.
4. When it comes to the kids, we have to be on the same team.
5. DATE NIGHT ROCKS!!
6. Keep it spicy...you know what I mean.
7. Finding other couple friends that we both like is HARD. We're so thankful for the ones we have!
8. We'd rather spend our money traveling than buying nice things, and we spend most of our traveling going to visit family. We would have never predicted this 9 years ago.
9. We really do love each other more deeply and passionately than we did 9 years ago. Our love grows every day, which is still rather unbelievable.