So it has a been a while since I posted, but I assure you that is because lots of things have been happening. No, I will not talk about the ubiquitous busy-ness that is so pervasive in our daily speech that we now answer busy instead of fine. I digress. Here are 5 of the things that have happened since I last posted:
1. Annika turned 6 and we had an awesome Fox-themed birthday party.
2. We went camping with friends and Annika got smoochy with their son. It was adorable, for now.
3. Annika had her last day of Kindergarten, and I didn't even cry.
4. I GRADUATED with my PhD!!!!!! Here I am with my fellow Anthro-grad Dr. Sarah. Love her! Marvel in our doctoral greatness with those fancy robes for 30 seconds.........that's enough.
5. We had a graduation party, and Andy made me my very own beer with a name-nod to anthro-theory.
My MIL even got a cake with a nod to my blogger name on it.
Here are my adorable babes before the party began...aren't they sweet?
And here's my awesome MIL who actually catered a Chipotle-esque menu for the party that was DELISH! I can't thank her enough for that party. I'm seriously lucky y'all!
So this is some of what I've been up to lately.
If you go look at my 40x40 list, you'll see I've crossed a few things off now. These include graduating, learning to sew, switching to natural cleaning products, planting a vegetable garden (on our veranda nonetheless), and going on vacation with just Andy. Yay!
I've also started down the path of becoming a doula. I've attended 1.5 births (to be explained later), and am going to a DONA training in 2 weeks.
I told you things happened!
Wheels are in motion. Time is marching on. Life continues uninterrupted, moving forward regardless of whether I'm ready for it or not. Bring it!